Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Coming To A Festival Near You

I Wish

You have probably already seen or heard about Ruth Flowers (AKA Dj Mamy Rock) who, at age 69, has been taking the European club scene by storm. I hate to say it but this British Granny is about 100 times cooler than I will ever be. And with get ups to match. Think Grandma Yeta only behind a set of decks.

Getting over being your average senior citizen and living life off a pension Flowers took up her new hobby after at night out for her Grandsons birthday in London. She got introduced to producer Aurelien Simon who showed her the ropes and the rest is history. 

Why I love Mamy Rock
1. "have had a very lively youth, I used to go to balls all the time..."
2.

3. "I’d rather sign a contract with a record company than to sign up for the nursing home"

So what would happen if we got say 100,000 members to join a facebook group or sign a petition to try and get DJ Mamy Rock to play at Big Day Out 2011?

POST BY BEC CLARK (Reebajeeb) 

No comments:

Post a Comment