As you can imagine, arriving at any festival is an exciting and interesting experience! Latitude was no exception as we were greeted by the beautiful and tranquil surroundings, interesting people, music and festival delights. In particular there is so much at this festival to absorb from all sectors of the arts not just music.
We've been busy collecting lots of interesting pictures and videos at the event and attempting to get these to you in real-time or as quickly as possible. For now you can see some photos of my highlights so far right here with plenty more to come. I'm micro-blogging about it via Twitter and Facebook so don't be a stranger!
My favourite moments from Day One were:
- Sipping on Apple Cider in the glorious English sunshine as I listened to the grooves of Hockey.
- Seeing homegrown Aussie group Empire of the Sun energising the crowd with their flamboyant stage show and infectiously listenable tunes.
- Filming the amazing rising music stars Everything Everything who played to a musically well educated and enthusiastic crowd.
- Listening to the earthy and honest music of The National as they serenaded a sea of adoring fans.
- And of course the amazing soaring vocal melodies and light show courtesy of Florence and the Machine.
So it's time to get myself going for day two of the Latitude Festival. I'm looking forward to getting back inside and capturing all sorts of photo and video mayhem from the event. Watch this space!